Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Remaining Sessions to Benefit CF

Last week, I met with 3 more families who couldn't make it to our Photo Event to Benefit CF. Since this cause is near and dear to me, I wanted to get in as many sessions as I could. And not to toot my own horn, the photos were gorgeous.

One of the families (photos immediately following) we have known since my oldest daughter was in Pre-school. I actually photographed them for the first time about 5 years ago. It feels like it was just yesterday. I know I say it all the time, but I truly don't know where time goes!

Look at this photo....she is such a beautiful girl, inside and out! She actually just cut 11 inches off her hair and donated it to 'locks of love'!



and here is the handsome boy that, for years, my daughter claimed she would marry someday! Too funny!


there were so many good photos, but i think this one may be my fave.


no wait, this one is.....


okay, really it's this one. I can't decide!!!


so as we were walking around, Colby spots this tree that juts out slightly over the water. Of course, he wants to climb in it. What is it with boys and trees????


We couldn't wrap without getting some pics with mom. Jen, by the way, is pretty amazing. She is currently training to run a half marathon (which is a little over 13 miles!!) to benefit a cause that is dear to her, Chrone's Disease. She told me that she raised $3400! That is awesome! Lots of luck to you Jen! And thanks for showing your support to my cause!

Now, onto my next session.....(yes, I have been a very busy girl!)

when I scheduled this session, this little darling's mom, Mary, told me that she has never had much luck with getting photos of her daughter. I really don't know why, she is such a cutie, and was hamming it up for me right away!

this black and white photo below, one of our favorites!



When I sent the pictures to Mary, I received an email from her that was very touching. I have to share:

"Kelly, I was just looking at the pics and I am crying they are so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! :)"

No one has ever told me that my photos made them cry! Mary, I am so happy you loved them!

And lastly, one more session. Kim brought her son, whom I have been photographing since he was a newborn. Cam is so much fun...he is a ball of energy! I had to run around after him to get my shots!


Kim would try to help me my picking him up, but the moment his feet touched the ground, he was off! Take a look!


and off he goes!


I was able to still get some great shots, when I could catch up to him!




So there we have it. I may have said this before, but I am so proud I will say it again. We raised $860 for Cystic Fibrosis. What started out as a whim of an idea turned into something wonderful! The Great Strides walk is just 10 days away (May 8th). Miss Maddie's Mission for a Cure has a goal of $5000, and they are nearly reaching it. Great job to all!!! xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - I'm touched that you included us in your blog. When you originally sent me my link I thought, "how on earth will I choose my favorites?!" I may just have to trust your photographer's eye and order the ones that you featured here! And on a more 'business' note, this was a terrific idea for a fundraiser. Maddie and her family are lucky to have you on their side. As you can certainly understand, sick children go right to my heart - my blessings and well wishes to Maddie and her family...

    ReplyDelete

Visit Us on Facebook!