Monday, April 19, 2010

Photo Event for Cystic Fibrosis a Success!!!!

Some of you already know this, but for those of you who don't.... I am not the most organized person. So for me to coordinate something like this was a little daunting. But with the help of two fantastic photographers, Lisa Frechette and Seth Jacobson, and also Sandy Letourneau, whose daughter has CF, we really pulled it all together to make this a great event!

I should have known that the day we picked was going to rain, especially after the soaking we all got last year at the CF Great Strides Walk, but really, the rain date too? We were all watching the weather early in the week, and when Saturday looked like a wash out, the executive decision was made to take advantage of the scheduled raindate, Sunday. But when Sunday morning rolled around and it was still raining.....I admit, there was a little knot in my stomach. Even as I drove to Roger Williams Park, using my windshield wipers, I was cursing those weathermen. Pffft. 10% chance of precipitation. But as the photographing began, the rain faded......guess those weathermen are back in my good graces.

Lisa and I got there early, and we took a little time to take each others family photos. It's not always easy to get family portraits on a self timer, so we were eager to take advantage this deal as well! Here's a little peak at our photos from the day....


Let me just say a big thank you now to Lisa, because although great behind the lens, I am terrible in FRONT of it. She did great work! I Love them! So Lisa, thank you thank you!!!!!

And now a sneak peek at hers (as of now, she has not seen them, so I hope she likes them!)


And when we were finished up with our little sessions, the guest of honor arrived. With her, she had a money box that I am told she decorated herself, (with some help from her dad: Go Dad! You guys did great!)


It was a chilly day, but all who showed up were such troopers. I was worried that because of the weather some would change their minds, but the turnout was fantastic! A great big Thank you to all of you. We know it wasn't easy, but you all really came through! You guys made this such a wonderful day! Here is a sneak peek at some of the photos taken Sunday. Each strip of photos is labeled with the photographer who took them.






This is really just a sampling. There are soooo many photos! I know there are going to be lots of happy families once you see all the photos! And lastly, we weren't "all work, no play". We had some time to get a few snaps of each other, and, Who couldn't resist getting some more of our little guest of honor?!!!!

the above photos were taken by Lisa. She caught Seth monkey-ing around in the tree, and then caught us laughing. Can't quite remember what inspired that belly laugh, but it makes me wonder why I sometimes look a little bit asian when I laugh.....love them though!

these photos (above) were shot by Seth...poor guy had to work with such picky girls, trying to figure out which were our "best sides" (not the lil' one in pink, she's adorable no matter what side!).....great shots, as always!

and last but not least, Lisa, Me and Seth, with the lady of the day, taken by my friend, (& the lil' ladies mom!) Sandy. Sandy, by the way, also had quite the task keeping the day flowing. She was manning the phone, (I know, I know....apparently my directions weren't the most clear, very sorry!) and greeting everyone and hooking them up with their photographer. We wouldn't have had such a smooth day without you Sandy!

Because of everyones support, from Seth and Lisa who donated their valuable time and gifted talent, and Jenn who was on hand to wrangle all of our kids who were on location, to all the wonderful families who showed up, we raised lots of money! A big, big Thank You to all of you. And Lots of Luck to the walkers this year at the Great Strides Walk on May 8th, I wish you a successful (and dry) day!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, Thanks so much for planning such a great event!!! I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Visit Us on Facebook!