Thursday, May 6, 2010

Here's to a Happy Mother's Day!

I thought it would be nice to take my two favorite girls out in the yard to take some pictures of the three of us for Mother's Day....maybe even make this a tradition. I was prepared for some grumbles and whining and was ready to pour on some mom-guilt, but to my surprise, my girls were gung-ho for my little project. I dragged out the tripod, and set the camera on a 10 second self-timer and was ready to go! However, for those of you who have ever tried the self-timer method, you know it is no easy feat. Add on to that trying to climb into a hammock (in under 10 seconds) with two already silly girls and you've got yourself some fun!!!! We got a couple of good shots, and LOTS of silly out-takes as well, but it would be no fun without those!!! So if you've ever thought about trying out the old self-timer, give it a go! All of these photos displayed were either taken on a timer, or holding the camera out in front of us.....



these photos were taken as "test shots".... but I think they're pretty cute!

back to mother's day....there are so many things I love about being a mom: holding hands, hugs, watching the excitement as they learn something new.....it really is the best job!


Remember what I said about all those silly shots and out-takes.....well, here they are!

and this one ......well, really there aren't any words. But we love it anyway!


and now, back to mom's day again....Little Brooky gives me 32 kisses every night when I tuck her into bed.....(32 for my age....and yes, if you're wondering, brooke is a little confused because really I'm only 29... )


Madison and I also have a nightly ritual of pretending that our lips are stuck to each others cheeks at bedtime....these little rituals make the bedtime routine a bit longer than I'd like, but really, I never want them to outgrow this stuff!!!


Well, here's wishing you all a wonderful Mother's Day! And remember, don't ever be afraid use that self timer on your camera, you never know what little gems you may get.....(just don't use it too often, because um, well.... I still need a job!)

Have a Happy Mom's Day!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and a cute story!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last weekend was Colby's First Communion so the entire family was dressed to the nines. I was so disappointed when I looked at the pictures I'd taken - not a single one of the four of us! Today's blog has inspired me - I'm going to try the timer, I'm not going to worry about dressing up and making sure everyone matches perfectly, and I'm going to embrace the silly shots. (And I'll do it all on Mother's Day in case my kids aren't as cooperative as yours, in which case I'll use the Mother's Guilt!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Jenn....be sure to post some, I want to see!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Visit Us on Facebook!