Monday, May 31, 2010

The Baby Tooth!

Happy Memorial Day All!

I took the day off today to spend some time with the family, and what a day we had! I recently purchased a canoe for my husband for our ten year wedding anniversary (woo-hoo!!!) and we decided to take it out for it's maiden voyage today. It is the first time I have ever been canoe-ing, and first time for the kids too.

But that's not all for firsts.....while we were out, the kids got a bit hungry (yeah, that's definitely not a first, they are forever hungry!) so they dug into the animal crackers and juice we had brought along. As they are munching I hear Brooke say "It feels like my tooth is gone...Madison is it still there?" I whipped my head around and lo and behold, tooth is gone, and it's bleeding. (Immediately I am bummed that I did not have my camera....can't hold back the photographer in me). And then it hits us, the tooth is actually missing. Yes, Brooke's tooth that she has been so patiently waiting for to fall out, has indeed been swallowed. The worry sets in, "will the tooth fairy come if there is no tooth under the pillow?" I'm thinking yes....but to take precautions, Brooke has decided to leave the tooth fairy a note explaining the situation. Guess we'll know in the morning. But the good news is we have decided on a name for the canoe. The Baby Tooth! Corny? Yes. But I love it.


Hope the Tooth Fairy leaves you something good Brooky! And I may not have had my camera for the moment the tooth fell out, but I will vividly remember that moment and this story forever!

1 comment:

  1. Love this story....and fabulous pictures. Brookes picture of you guys is pretty awesome too! Tooth fairy is definately coming she should really hook her up with some dough for that one!

    ReplyDelete

Visit Us on Facebook!