Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Madison!

Its 2am and I cannot sleep. I have no idea why. Well yes, maybe I do. It is January 12th, and it is my daughters tenth birthday today. She is sleeping soundly, and I am wide awake. I can't help but think back to this day ten years ago, and I'm asking myself the question all parents ask themselves....where did the time go?

I admit it....I am guilty of having "mom brain"....you moms know what I am talking about. Once you have kids, your mind functions differently...I can remember their crazy schedule, the lunch menu at school for the week, when a school project is due, but can I remember the name of the movie I watched two nights ago, or what it even was about? Nope. Mom brain. And as much as I may forget lots of things, I will never forget the day 10 years ago when this beautiful, tiny, baby girl was handed to me, with her long eyelashes, and perfect round pink lips, and feeling this overwhelming love for her.

Fast forward TEN years. I am so proud of my Madison. She is goofy and silly, yet sometimes shows wisdom beyond her years. She is ALWAYS smiling. It is a rare day that she is grumpy or moody. Her personality just draws you in, you can't help but be magnetized to her. She is honest and caring. She is smart and sharp and says some funny things. She knows what she likes and doesn't care if it's different. She is comfortable with herself. As a mom, it is my job to teach her, but I find she can sometimes teach me a thing or two. To sum it up, she really is one cool kid. And I am so proud to be her mom. Madison, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. You really are one special young lady, and I am so happy to call you my daughter!!!



1 comment:

Visit Us on Facebook!