Saturday, August 7, 2010

a moment between sisters

so i was outside on this beautiful day, sitting in my new adirondack chair whilst my girls were outside playing (yes, i know, sounds like i live such a lah-dee-dah life) when i realized something was amiss. what was it? well, there was no yelling going on, no tattle tale-ing, crying, incessant whining, endless begging for a snack. just the sound of two girls getting along, chatting quietly amongst each other. I look up and this is what i see:

now, this is a rarity. it may not look like much to you, but it is definitely a sight that warms my heart. i don't know what they were chatting about, but i do know they are enjoying each other's company. and this one tiny moment, in my mind anyway, makes up for all the ridiculous fights they have. this moment's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Us on Facebook!